If I had wanted to this could have been the shortest blog post I’ve ever written because four words sum up my feelings on this product…..I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!
So yah there you go, see you later…on to the next post, but no seriously let me tell you why I love it so you can decide for yourself whether it’s something you might like to try.
On Thursday the 9th of March I bought a ticket for a Benefit Masterclass in Brown Thomas Cork. The Masterclass was with the wonderful Benefit Makeup artist Mike Standen and it was to help show us exactly how gorgeous and versatile Galifornia actually is.
After that I was hooked, Mike created such a stunning Summertime look, using Galifornia on both the eyes and the cheeks. Now I’m no stranger to the concept of using Benefit cheek products on my eyes and in case you don’t know this, Hoola Bronzer makes the most gorgeous transition colour ever so go and try it ASAP!! So unsurprisingly on the night I bought myself a Galifornia of my own.
On top of being the most gorgeous coral pink shade it has a gold iridescent overlay which adds the tiniest amount of highlight to the product, not so much that you look like a disco ball but a gentle amount that makes your skin look healthy and fresh. This blusher also smells absolutely incredible, I know that that might sound funny but from the moment you open the box it smells like sunshine, it’s so uplifting.
At the risk of sounding ridiculously cheesy here, this product just makes me happy!! It is so much fun, it’s a stunning colour, it smells beautiful, the packaging is to die for, I think it’s my most favourite Benefit boxed blusher release since Dandelion.
Priced at €34 it’s an excellent investment in my opinion, it’s a very versatile product and I know from having Benefit boxed blushers over the years they last for yonks…happy days!!
Will you be purchasing Galifornia? Do you have any other favourite Benefit blushers?
Valentine’s Day is coming and this holiday always makes me want to wear red lips. Hardly original I know but I think there’s nothing more classic than an eyeliner flick teamed with a red lip!! In celebration I thought I’d share with you my favourite red lipsticks.
1. Urban Decay Vice Lipstick- Spiderweb
Now this colour was first released as part of the Limited Edition collaboration with Gwen Stefani back in January of 2016 but thankfully it was then released later the same year as one of the 100 Vice Lipsticks so happy days that it’s now available without any restriction.
2. The Balm Meet Matte Hughes- Loyal
I have a miniature one of these liquid lipsticks, I got it as part of the Meet Matte Hughes miniatures set and I have to say that out of all of the different types of matte liquid lipsticks I’ve tried these are right up there at the top of my list of favourites. Incredibly long lasting and not one bit drying….big huge thumbs up!!!
3. Wet n Wild Megalast lip colour in Red Velvet
One of the very best budget lipsticks on the market by far. If you don’t have one of these beauties in your collection then you need to fix that…..quickly. The Megalast range is a long lasting lipstick but isn’t one bit drying on the lips. I absolutely love them but I love this colour in particular, it’s so comfortable!!
4. Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Mightiest Maraschino
An absolute handbag staple the Chubby Stick has been a long time favourite of mine but when it came to pick up one of these in a red shade I went for the Intense version. This still isn’t a full on lipstick as such but the colour isn’t as opaque as the regular Chubby Sticks, Mightiest Maraschino is a divine shade, so moisturising and comfortable on the lips and even though it’s a cream finish it still has very decent lasting power.
5. Benefit They’re Real Double the Lip in Revved up Red.
So last and most certainly not least is my most recent addition to my red lipstick collection. This colour is so beautiful and I love the idea of having the lip pencil shade on one side and the lipstick on the other, it’s absolutely genius. So comfortable to wear and I’ve been so impressed with the lasting power when it’s on. Another big thumbs up for me can’t wait to try some more shades!!
So those are the nicest red lipsticks I own, what do you think? Which one is your favourite? Do you have any of these already in your collection or do you have any others that you’d recommend to me? Let me know!!
Please note that all of these products have been bought by myself and all opinions expressed are my own.
Since I started my blog in May of last year I’ve gotten to try and find some incredible products most of which I’ve shared with you either here or on my various social media channels. But with it being the start of a new year I’ve decided to do a round up of what I consider to be the creme de la creme of the products I found in 2016, my absolute favourites. True to form I’ve decided to give these awards a name, hence forth they shall be known as “The Lippies”!! 1. Favourite Foundation- I think this is going to be one of the easiest ones for me because since discovering Flormar Perfect Coverage Foundation during the summer there really hasn’t been another foundation come close perhaps with the exception of the Cailyn Super HD Foundation but there is quite a significant price difference between them. The Flormar Perfect Coverage Foundation is full coverage but light weight, it lasts all day and you need the tiniest amount ever to cover your entire face. I cannot speak highly enough about this product, in fact I gave it it’s own dedicated blog post here back in September.
Runner Up- Cailyn Super HD Foundation. Read more about that here
2. Favourite Eyeshadow Palette- This one is so, so hard. If you follow me on any of my social media platforms I think you’ll know that my obsession with eyeshadow palettes is real, so to narrow it down to one is quite difficult. I think in my heart though I know it has to be Anastasia Beverley Hills “Modern Renaissance”. I can’t actually believe that I haven’t done a dedicated blog post for this palette yet because I love it so much but yah, believe the hype, because everything you’ve heard about it is true. I’ve never experienced eye shadows that blend the way these ones do. I also have the Huda Beauty Rose Gold palette and it’s not a patch on Modern Renaissance so save your money. A cult product really at this point because it’s so hard to get your hands on it so keep your eyes peeled on Beauty Bay and Cult Beauty because they release a limited amount of them every couple of months (with an ever increasing price tag unfortunately) but if you’re a palette nerd like me or you’re just looking for that one Holy Grail palette then I think this one might just be for you.
Runner Up- This is even more difficult to be honest so I’m going to pick two. First runner up is Meet Matte Trimony from The Balm. This is a stunning palette, The Balm are fast becoming one of my favourite brands but this palette stands out. I love the shades, they blend so well, the pan sizes are huge and although there is a little bit of fallout when you use it the shadows themselves are extremely long lasting on the eye. A massive thumbs up from me.
Second runner up is the Death by Chocolate palette from I Heart Makeup. The quality of this palette really surprised me. There’s a beautiful selection of colours especially suitable for everyday wear. There’s a mixture of matte and shimmer colours in the palette and they’re really easy to work with. A complete bargain at €12.
3. Favourite Liquid Liner- Up until about three weeks ago the product that I have as the runner up today would probably have been the winner until my friend Joyce from Makemeupmua introduced me to this absolute beauty from Essence Cosmetics. The Liquid Ink Waterproof Eyeliner from Essence is quite incredible. The precision that the wand allows you is phenomenal and the pigment, the pigment is exactly what I look for in an eyeliner, as black as coal!! To top it all off this eyeliner is barely over €3!!! A real gem, try it yourself, I know you won’t be disappointed.
Runner Up- My runner up and all time favourite until a few weeks ago is the liquid eyeliner from Inglot. At €12 this is obviously more expensive than the Essence product but it’s a really fantastic liner. The main difference between the two is the Inglot eyeliner has a nib type applicator whereas the essence one is a flimsier type one which is ideal if you’re confident with liquid liner application but if you’re not I’d always recommend using a nib type product or an eyeliner pen as they will help you grow your confidence. The Inglot liner is really pigmented too and doesn’t move once you apply it. I’d highly recommend it especially because the product itself lasts absolutely ages.
4. Favourite Mascara- I have spoken about this mascara on my blog before see here but I’ve yet to find one as good as it and it’s an absolute bargain to boot. My favourite is Catrice Glam n Doll Curl & Volume Mascara, Ultra Black & Curl, my God what a mouthful. I love it, I love everything about it. It’s so pigmented, I love the brush, it’s amazing for curling the lashes. It doesn’t flake or smudge even though it’s not waterproof and it’s €4.49!!! Yah €4.49…..tick, tick, tick!! I usually buy mine in Penneys but it’s available anywhere there’s a Catrice stand.
Runner Up- My choice of runner up for this category is another bargain and it’s Lash Princess Falsh Lash Effect Mascara from Essence Cosmetics. Again it’s under €5, has fabulous pigment and lasts all day. The Catrice mascara pips it to the post for me because of the wand, I personally just loved a curved mascara wand.
Special Mentions- These are products I’ve used pretty much every day regardless of how I’m doing my makeup and they deserve special mentions of their own.
Benefit Precisely My Brow Pencil- I’m 100% not exaggerating when I say that I have used this product on my brows every single day since I bought it during the summer. It is the most straightforward product ever, I adore it. It helps to give your brows definition and look precise without looking overly drawn on. All I can say is it’s the best Brow product I’ve used to date and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
*Wetnwild Megaglo Contouring Palette All day every day I use this product. If you follow any of my social media pages you’ll know firstly how much I wear this product and secondly how much I love it. Just in case you don’t I included it in a blog post I wrote a few months ago that you can find here
Well there you have it, some of my top makeup picks for 2016. Are any of your favourites mentioned here? Have you any others you’d add to the list? Please note that I’ve paid for all of the products mentioned except for those marked with a * This in no way affects my opinions